Plumbing is one of the more complex aspects of being a homeowner. Sure, there are plenty of minor plumbing repairs and maintenance tasks you can complete on your own. You don’t need to hire a professional plumber. However, for whole-home repiping
, hiring an expert is the only way to go. We’re talking about a highly complex, challenging, and time-consuming task. The results are worth every penny and minute spent on the job, though. Your home will have brand-new plumbing, which means you’ll enjoy higher efficiency and better drainage all around.
Deciding whether to repipe your home is not always a simple task. Often, the signs that present themselves are indicative of other plumbing problems throughout the home. It’s when you start to notice all of these signs bundled together that things become messy. Then, it’s best to invest in repiping services.
- Odd Smells – If the water coming out of your pipes is starting to smell a little funky, something’s not right. It’s usually a sign that your pipes are beginning to deteriorate and the corrosion is seeping into the water supply.
- Strange Noises – Your plumbing system may not be completely silent, but it usually doesn’t make groaning, banging, or creaking noises. When you notice such sounds, it’s because the pipes are starting to age and need replacement.
- Temperature – Typically, when you turn on the faucet, you turn on either hot or cold water. If you’re having trouble changing the temperature from one to the other, it’s likely because of the pipes.
- Corrosion – You can test for signs of corrosion yourself on occasion without waiting for any telltale signs. To test the pipes, a visual inspection for signs of rust is enough to determine whether the pipes require replacement.
When it comes time to repipe your home, it’s often best to begin with the worst area. If your bathroom has shown countless signs of failing or aging pipes, then start there. Before any work begins, however, you’ll want to hire an experienced plumber. You want a certified team that can walk you through the process and guide you through the job.
Once repiping is complete, you’ll enjoy a few worthwhile benefits throughout your home. These include:
- Reduced water bills throughout the year
- Increased water pressure if you suffered from low water pressure
- Your leaks, worn fittings, and other plumbing issues resolved
- Higher quality and safer drinking water
For top-rated repiping services in Orange County and the surrounding area, contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Orange County by calling 949-393-0933!