Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning
Your drain is a crucial part of your plumbing ecosystem. Without a working drain, the entire system shuts down. So, it’s important to take note of any signs that point towards impending trouble. These signs include:
- Slow Drainage – If your drain has recently started functioning slower than usual, it’s typically because of a clog. Depending on the drain – kitchen or bathroom – you may be dealing with a buildup of hair, grease, soap, or feminine hygiene products that block the system.
- Odd Smells – If you walk by your drain and get a whiff of something foul, that unpleasant odor is likely a sign of a drainage clog. The smell may be sewer gas or waste clogging the drain.
- Frequent Clogs – If you deal with recurring clogs, which is terribly annoying, it’s usually a sign of a major clog in the system. This clog may be deep, such as down in the sewer line.
- Strange Noises – Alongside weird smells, you may notice a series of odd noises stemming from the drain itself. That gurgling sound is water trying to escape through the clog, but unable to.
- Multiple Clogs – If more than one drain is clogged in your home, such as the bathroom and kitchen sink at the same time, it’s generally a sign of a main sewer clog.
- Backflow – A backflow is when water backs up in the drain. It’s a sign that a clog is preventing the water from escaping as it should.
- Standing Water – If you notice standing water in the sink, for example, it’s because the water has nowhere to go. The clog has totally blocked the line.
- Flies – If you’ve recently started noticing more flies about the house, it could be because your kitchen sink has insect larvae caused by a food blockage. Before long, you’ll have a fruit fly infestation.
- Low Water Pressure – A serious drainage clog is not isolated to an exit pipe. At times, the clog may occur at the supply line, which causes low water pressure to the faucet or showerhead.
- Puddling – On occasion, it can pay to examine your yard more closely. If you notice mud puddles forming and they smell bad, it’s often because of a sewer main clog. The pipe is leaking and causing sewage to escape into the ground.
When you suspect a drainage clog, call bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Orange County for professional drain cleaning services. You can reach us at 949-393-0933!
Choosing The Right Plumber: Key Qualities For Which To Look
An important part of managing a home is managing the plumbing system and related fixtures and appliances. Many opt for the DIY route but there are various circumstances that need the attention of a
Top Six Plumbing Issues and How to Prevent Them
Homeowners rarely realize the importance of a well-functioning plumbing system until they experience an issue. While some plumbing problems can be easy DIY repairs, others will require the experience and expertise of a professional
Sewer Line Repair In Orange County: Here’s What You Need To Know
Sewer lines refer to the plumbing pipes that extend from your home to the city waste connection or to your private septic tank. It accepts all sewage and wastewater draining from your plumbing fixtures